Workers Compensation Psychology Services

If you have been injured on the job, or while commuting to and from work in NSW, you may be eligible for psychology treatment services under the NSW WorkCover scheme, Compulsory Third Party (CTP) or Commonwealth Government Comcare scheme.

These schemes include the provision of psychology services to assist with your return to work where appropriate.

SIRA WorkCover NSW
Comcare logo 1

Psychological injury & adjustment to injury counselling

If you’ve been involved in an accident or incident at work, you may experience a number of psychological challenges as a result. These may include:

  • Difficulties returning to the workplace after an injury
  • Depressed mood
  • Panic attacks and anxiety
  • Tiredness or fatigue
  • Nightmares
  • Flashbacks
  • Difficulties adjusting to persistent pain
  • Difficulty sleeping or disrupted appetite
  • Issues focusing and concentrating
  • Irritability, anger and frustration
  • Feeling tearful and easily upset
  • Lack of energy or motivation
  • Feeling worn out and exhausted

If you have sustained a psychological injury at work, or if you need adjustment to injury counselling following a physical injury in the workplace, you may be eligible to have your psychological treatment covered by your worker’s compensation insurer.

How do I access psychology services under the worker’s compensation scheme?

If you have obtained a WorkCover Certificate of Capacity or Comcare medical certificate from your Doctor, and this includes a recommendation that you see a Psychologist, you can contact us to obtain these services.

In discussion with you, we will appoint an accredited Psychologist to offer you treatment. If required, we will seek approval for this treatment from your Workcover or Comcare insurer.

We have established relationships with many of the major SIRA WorkCover & Comcare providers in NSW. We will work with you and your insurer to assist in obtaining prompt assessment and treatment toward your psychological health.

If your treatment is being provided via WorkCover or Comcare, you should be aware that the information collected during your assessment and treatment will be able to be accessed by your insurer and the Psychologist will be required to report back to your insurer about their assessment of your condition as well as your progress in treatment.

Under certain circumstances where you are experiencing general stress or other mental health issues not directly caused by your employer, your employer may also offer you employee counselling under and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Check with your employer to see if you are covered.

Contact us on 1300 084 200 to find out more about our Worker’s Compensation Psychology Services. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Psychological services under the WorkCover NSW are billed at gazetted rates updated each year. 

Click link below for the latest Worker’s Compensation (Psychology and Counselling) Fees Order:

Mind Health is a registered WorkCover NSW, CTP and Comcare provider of psychological services.

Please contact us on 1300 084 200, and we can allocate a suitable psychologist according to your circumstances.